Rules and Waivers
All vehicles and participants involved with and in the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival will abide by all laws as set forth by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the various municipalities within the County of Butler, Pa.
- Drivers must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate in Festival activities.
- All Jeeps must register. The Festival reserves the right to change the maximum number of Jeeps for each activity at any time. All registrations must be completed online using a credit or debit card. Checks and mail-in registration will not be accepted.
- One free adult participant/waiver wristband for the driver is included with each Jeep registration. A wristband is NOT provided for those who only select the Jeep Invasion activity. All passengers MUST purchase participant/waiver wristbands.
- The last day to update your registration information or add something new to your registration is May 8, 2016. The software will enable you to make your own changes, including cancellations. Remember that the cancellation deadline is April 30, 2016. After this date, anything that you paid for can not be refunded. Please review our cancellation policy for details.
- Registration packets will be mailed to all pre-registered participants in late May. If you fail to bring your packet with you, you must re-purchase all activities, tickets, etc.
- All participants (including drivers and passengers) must accept the waiver.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught with alcohol in their possession or exhibiting any signs of intoxication will be immediately removed from the Festival. All decals and wristbands will be forfeited.
- Anyone driving at unsafe speeds or not respecting the property will be immediately removed from the Festival. All decals and wristbands will be forfeited.
- Young children in rear facing car seats are prohibited from being passengers on any trails or the playground.
- Well behaved dogs and their owners are permitted. However, any dog showing aggression will be required to leave the Festival grounds. Owners are required to pick up after their pets. Failure to do so will result in the pet being required to leave the Festival grounds.
- There are no refunds due to weather or reclassifications/closures to trails or the playground as a result of conditions.
Jeep Invasion Rules
- The Invasion decal included in your packet must be displayed on the top corner of the passenger side windshield for entry.
- Jeep parking will begin at 5 p.m. on Friday, June 10
- Absolutely no trailers are permitted in the Invasion.
- Parking entrances will be on the north and south ends of Main Street in Downtown Butler.
- Jeep owners must obey parking instructions. Jeeps will be parked on Main and side streets as streets are filled. Failure to cooperate will result in removal from the event.
- If you wish to park beside a friend, you must follow each other into the parking entrance.
- A participant/waiver wristband for Cooper's Lake is NOT included for participants who only select this activity.
Show ‘n Shine Rules
- If you need to change the class you selected when you registered, the registration software will allow you to make the change yourself until May 8, 2016.
- All drivers and passengers must have appropriate Festival wristbands and Jeep decal to enter the Festival gates.
- Jeep must be driven into Show 'n Shine field from main parking entrance. Absolutely no trailers except Bantam trailer allowed in show fields.
- Tents/canopies will not be permitted in the show areas. Chairs may not be used to save spots.
- Your Bantam trailer will only be judged in Show ‘n Shine if it is parked in the designated Bantam Trailer parking area. If you don’t want it judged, it can be parked with your Jeep.
- Jeeps must be parked by 10 a.m.. You WILL NOT be allowed into the show field after 10 a.m. until judging is completed. Show 'n Shine participants may enter the gate at 8 a.m. on Saturday only.
- Vehicles must be parked inside lines of the parking area.
- Participants may be asked to provide vehicle registration at any time.
- Judges word is final.
- Any Modified Military Jeep is not considered military and must register as the modified civilian jeep of which it most closely resembles.
- Under no circumstance may a participant initiate a discussion with a judge while the participant's Jeep is being evaluated, unless the judge asks a question of the owner. Failure to comply will result in disqualification from the Show 'n Shine competition.
- Volunteers who are assisting with judging or ballot counting are not eligible to enter their Jeep for Show 'n Shine.
Ruff 'n Tuff Rules
- Vehicles towing trailers that haul jeeps are NOT permitted in the Festival area. You must unload and load your jeep in the designated trailer parking area near the Festival Main Entrance.
- "Drive-thru" judging will take place between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Playground and On-site Trail Ride Rules
Jeeps must pass a basic safety inspection to participate.
Requirements to participate include:
- Battery properly tied down (no bungee cords or rope)
- Seat belts for EVERY occupant
- Roof or roll cage
- Working 4WD (4 Hi and 4 Lo) if attempting modified and intermediate trails and either stock or modified mud pit
- Tow points if attempting modified rock crawl and modified and intermediate trails.
- No loose or broken parts
- Items secured in vehicle
- Spare tire
Acceptable tow points include: frame mounted tow hooks, properly mounted tow points on unibody vehicles, properly mounted receiver hitches (must remove ball hitch), and after-market bumpers with properly mounted tow points.
Children can participate as long as they are in the proper child safety seats and/or seat belt according to Pennsylvania law. For safety reasons, young children in rear-facing car seats are not permitted on ANY trail or the Playground.
Trails close 30 minutes prior to Festival end time.
Due to weather and changing trail conditions, trails can be closed or reclassified at ANY time during the event. There are no refunds due to weather or trail closures/reclassifications.
- Rides will stage between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. and will depart in small groups every 20 minutes beginning at 9:30. Please do not arrive earlier than 9 as there will not be staff available to assist you.
- Allow 30-60 minutes for the ride, depending on trail conditions, plus time to enjoy the bonfire and food.
- Low range and front and rear tow hooks required. Street tires NOT recommended.
- All Jeep occupants must have a participant/waiver wristband that is purchased during pre-registration. Anyone without a wristband may not participate in the ride. Wristbands will NOT be sold on Thursday.
- If any occupants in the Jeep appear to have been drinking or any alcohol is in the Jeep, the Jeep will not be permitted to go on the trail ride and there will not be a refund. The decision of Festival staff is final.
Regulations are subject to change. Please check this page prior to coming to the Festival to be sure you are aware of any new additions.
WARNING! PLEASE READ! BY WEARING A FESTIVAL PARTICIPANT/WAIVER WRISTBAND AND PARTICIPATING IN FESTIVAL EVENTS, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING YOUR AGREEMENT TO WAIVE IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE, AND TO ASSUME CERTAIN INDEMNIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES. PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CHOOSING TO PARTICIPATE IN FESTIVAL EVENTS!
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
All participants in 2016 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival (the “Festival”) events, excluding the Jeep Invasion, are required to wear a Festival Participant/Waiver Wristband. By wearing a Festival Participant/Waiver Wristband and participating in Festival events, you acknowledge your agreement to the following terms:
Express Assumption of Risk: The recreational activities that you may participate in at the Festival that involve driving or riding motorized vehicles on and off-roadare inherently dangerous activities that involve the risk of damage to personal property and A RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY OR EVEN DEATH TO YOU AND OTHERS, and that such risks may be caused by (a) the negligence of the Releasees (as defined below); (b) the negligence of other participants in the Festival and Festival attendees; (c) accidents, including collisions with, or mishaps related to, other vehicles, rocks, trees, potholes, surface conditions, poles, posts and other objects; (d) forces of nature, including weather conditions; and(e) other foreseeable and unforeseeable causes. YOU KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISK, AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY, FINANCIAL AND OTHERWISE, FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE FESTIVAL.
Release of Liability and Waiver of Right to Sue: You, on behalf of yourself and your heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns, RELEASE, WAIVE AND DISCHARGE the Friends of the Bantam Jeep Association, Inc., the City of Butler, Butler Township, Worth Township, Slippery Rock Township, Butler County, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Coopers Lake Campground, Moraine State Park and Rausch Creek Offroad Park, and their members, officers, directors, independent contractors, employees, agents, volunteers and assigns, (collectively, the “Releasees”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, that may arise from or is connected in any way with your participation in the Festival, whether arising in whole or in part from the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. You waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any right to institute or voluntarily assist others in any lawsuit or other legal action against the Releasees with respect to such released liabilities.
Indemnification: You, on behalf of yourself and your heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns, AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, judgments, damages, costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, and liabilities of any kind or nature, including, but not limited to, any liability with respect to any and all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees or otherwise, that may arise from or is connected in any way with (a) your presence at or participation in the Festival, including, but not limited to, as a driver or passenger in a motorized vehicle, or (b) any lawsuit or other legal action against the Releasees that you commence or voluntarily assist with in violation of the preceding paragraph.
Compliance with Festival Rules: You have read the Festival Rules and agree to fully comply with the Festival Rules, and any and all other instructions and rules concerning the Festival. You acknowledge that such compliance is a condition of your participation in the Festival, and that your participation in the Festival may be suspended or terminated if you fail to fully comply with the same.
Eligibility: You are at least 18 years of age. You currently have, and will maintain during the Festival, (a) a valid driver's license issued by the state in which you reside, and (b) automobile liability insurance for any vehicles that you drive at the Festival in an amount sufficient to cover any liability that you may incur as a result of your participation in the Festival. You agree to provide your driver’s license and evidence of your automobile insurance at the Festival.
Consent to Use of Images: You consent to the use or publication of any and all photographs or videos taken of you at the Festival for the purpose of publicizing and promoting the Festival in any publications, including, but not limited to, websites and social media outlets, and acknowledge that you will receive no financial compensation for the use or publication of such photographs or videos.