Rules & Waivers
All vehicles and participants involved with and in the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival will abide by all laws as set forth by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the various municipalities within the County of Butler, Pa.
- All Jeeps must register. Pre-Registration ends by May 18, 2014 (earlier if elements of the event reach capacity). Will Call registration takes place between May 19 and June 5, 2014. On-Site registration for select activities will be held at Cooper’s Lake Campground on June 13-15. Register early to ensure you are able to participate in the event. The Festival reserves the right to change the maximum number of Jeeps for each activity at any time.
- All registration must be completed online using a credit or debit card. Checks and mail-in registration will not be accepted.
- Admission at Cooper’s Lake is only for the driver. Admission to Cooper’s Lake is NOT included for participants who only select the Jeep Invasion activity. All passengers MUST purchase spectator admission wristbands.
- The last day to update your registration information or add something new to your registration is May 18, 2014. The software will enable you to make your own changes, including cancellations. Remember that the cancellation deadline is April 30, 2014. After this date, anything that you paid for can not be refunded. Please review our cancellation policy for details.
- Registration packets will be mailed to all pre-registered participants in late May. If you fail to bring your packet with you, you must re-purchase all activities, tickets, etc.
- Jeep owners must verify online that they have liability insurance which will continue to be in effect June 13-15, 2014. This is required or you will not be able to register.
- All participants must accept the liability waiver, insurance verification and photo release document in the registration process.
- All pre-registered Jeep owners will receive one free raffle ticket
Jeep Invasion Rules
- All Jeeps must be registered.
- All Jeeps must be unloaded and loaded at the designated trailer parking areas at Clearview Mall or in Downtown Butler.
- Jeeps towing trailers will likely be parked in a parking lot adjacent to Main Street, rather than along the actual street.
- Admission to Cooper’s Lake is NOT included for participants who only select this activity.
Show ‘n Shine and Ruff ‘n Tuff Rules
- If you need to change the class you selected when you registered, the registration software will allow you to make the change yourself until May 18, 2014.
- All drivers and passengers must have appropriate Festival participant and spectator wrist bands to enter the Festival gates.
- Vehicles towing trailers that haul jeeps are NOT permitted through the participant gate. You must unload and load your jeep in the designated trailer parking area.
- Tents/canopies will not be permitted in the show areas.
- Your Bantam trailer will only be judged in Show ‘n Shine if it is parked in the designated Bantam Trailer parking area. If you don’t want it judged, it can be parked with your Jeep.
Playground and On-site Trail Ride Rules
Jeeps must pass a basic safety inspection to participate.
Requirements to participate include:
- Battery properly tied down (no bungee cords or rope)
- Seat belts for EVERY occupant
- Roof or roll cage
- Working 4WD (4 Hi and 4 Lo) if attempting modified and intermediate trails and either stock or modified mud pit
- Tow points if attempting modified rock crawl and modified and intermediate trails.
- No loose or broken parts
- Items secured in vehicle
- Spare tire
Acceptable tow points include: frame mounted tow hooks, properly mounted tow points on unibody vehicles, properly mounted receiver hitches (must remove ball hitch), and after-market bumpers with properly mounted tow points.
Children can participate as long as they are in the proper child safety seats and/or seat belt according to Pennsylvania law. For safety reasons, young children in rear-facing car seats are not permitted on modified and intermediate trails.
Trails close 30 minutes prior to Festival end time.
Due to weather and changing trail conditions, trails can be closed or reclassified at ANY time during the event.
Regulations are subject to change. Please check this page prior to coming to the Festival to be sure you are aware of any new additions.
During the registration process, all participants and volunteers must electronically agree to the Waiver and Photo Release below.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT Liability Waiver
I understand that the Butler County Tourism & Convention Bureau (hereinafter “BCTCB”) is an organization that sponsors a variety of activities for the benefit of the community. I am aware that the BCTCB presented “BANTAM JEEP HERITAGE FESTIVAL” activities are inherently dangerous activities that involve the risk of damage to personal property and a risk of serious injury or even death to myself and any other family or friends who are passengers in my vehicle. I agree that I alone assume the risks involved in the BCTCB presented “BANTAM JEEP HERITAGE FESTIVAL” activities and I absolve BCTCB, City of Butler, Butler Township, Worth Township, Slippery Rock Township, Butler County, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Coopers Lake Campground, Moraine State Park and Rausch Creek Offroad Park of any and all liabilities including any liability for passengers in my vehicle or friends/family that I allow to drive my vehicle during the event. In addition, and to the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree that I waive the right to institute any lawsuit or other legal action against BCTCB, its members, officers, directors, delegates, instructors, agents, employees, representatives, servants, assigns, as a result of my participation or injury at this BCTCB presented event. Nor will I voluntarily assist anyone else in the pursuit of any lawsuit or other legal action. I also agree to indemnify and hold harmless BCTCB, its members, officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees, representatives, servants, assigns, City of Butler, Butler Township, Worth Township, Slippery Rock Township, Butler County, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Coopers Lake Campground, Moraine State Park and Rausch Creek Offroad Park from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, judgments, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that may result by reason of any suit or other legal action that I either commence or assist with as described in the preceding paragraph. This Release and Indemnification Agreement shall bind me, my heirs, executors, successors and assigns. I understand and acknowledge that BCTCB is acting in reliance upon the agreements made by me in this Release and Indemnification Agreement in order to extend to me the benefits of participation in the BCTCB presented “BANTAM JEEP HERITAGE FESTIVAL” and were I not willing to abide by the terms of this document, the opportunity to participate in the BCTCB presented “BANTAM JEEP HERITAGE FESTIVAL” would not be extended to me.
Verification of Liability Insurance
Intending to be legally bound, I agree to hold harmless, release and indemnify the Butler County Tourism & Convention Bureau, its employees, agents and sponsors, from any and all claims, actions or suits which may arise from the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival excluding claims for gross negligence.
By signing this release and indemnification agreement, I am affirming that I hold a valid driver’s license in the state in which I reside and that I have and will continue to maintain valid automobile liability insurance for any vehicles that I drive and register in the Butler County Tourism & Convention Bureau/Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival event on June 13-15, 2014, in an amount sufficient to cover any liability that I may incur as a result of my participation in the before-mentioned event.
I hereby give my consent for Butler County Tourism & Convention Bureau and any other media outlet to use photographs and video images in their publications and website of me as well any passengers, friends, family and minors under the age of 18 who are with me in my Jeep. – I acknowledge that since my participation in publications and websites produced by BCTCB and other media outlets is voluntary, and neither the minor children, my passengers nor I will receive financial compensation.