- How do I get to Butler, Pennsylvania? Butler is located about one hour north of Pittsburgh. It is easily accessed from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Interstate 79 and Route 8. Cooper's Lake Campground is located along Currie Road which is just off Route 422 and along Interstate 79, about 20 minutes west of Butler and 30 minutes north of Cranberry Township.
- What is the address of Cooper's Lake Campground so I can put it into my GPS? 205 Currie Rd., Slippery Rock, PA 16057
- What are the GPS coordinates? GPS coordinates for Coopers Lake are:
- How far away is Butler from Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Harrisburg? Approximately 50 minutes north of Pittsburgh. Approximately 2.5 hours east of Cleveland. Approximately 4 hours west of Harrisburg.
General Event Questions
- What are the Festival hours?
Friday, 9-4: Jeep Invasion parking begins at 5:00 p.m. in Downtown Butler. See the Jeep Invasion page for more details
- Do I have to pre-register or can I show up and register on-site? All Jeeps must register to participate. Pre-Registration is available until May 7. On-Site registration (for events that have not reached capacity) will be available at Cooper's Lake Campground June 9-11 starting at 8 a.m. Keep in mind that many activities do sell out prior to the Festival dates so on-site registration will likely be limited.
- How much does it cost to participate with my Jeep?
A discounted (30%) Festival package is available, as well as a la carte activities.
Festival Package: includes Jeep Playground, On-site Trails, Mystery Road Rally, Ruff'n Tuff -- $75 until March 31st. The package is not available during On-Site Registration.
You also can purchase activities a la carte:
Jeep Playground & On-site Trails: $50
Babes of Bantam Trail Ride: $40
Jeep Team Challenge: $35
Jeeps on the Rock Trail Ride: $30
Mystery Road Rally: $30
Moraine Trail Ride: $25
Historic Travels Tour: $25
Best of Bantam: $25
Ruff 'n Tuff: $25
Glacial Interpretive Driving Tour: $20
Jeep Invasion: $15
- What is the difference between a Participant and a Spectator? Participants are the drivers and passengers of registered Jeeps. Spectators are people who are purchasing general daily admission to come see the event.
- Can I pull a trailer in the Jeep Invasion? No. Trailers are prohibited at the Jeep Invasion.
- Can I haul my Jeep on a trailer to the Jeep Invasion? Trailer parking will be available in Downtown Butler. More details will be provided in your registration packet.
- Will the event be rescheduled due to rain? The event will take place rain or shine.
- Where can I get updates about the event? Updates are available frequently through our Facebook page. You can also subscribe to receive monthly update emails on the home page of the website. Check back on the website frequently too!
- Can I buy spectator tickets in advance? Spectator tickets can be purchased at the gate. Only registered participants may purchase participant/waiver wristbands in advance during the pre-registration process. All passengers MUST have a participant/waiver wristband in order to enter the Festival grounds (wristbands not required at Jeep Invasion).
- Is there an admission/parking fee? Parking is Free. Daily admission for spectators not participating in Festival activities is $10 for adults and $3 for children 3-12 each day. Children 2 and younger are free.
- What if I don’t have a Jeep? If you do not have a Jeep, you’ll still have a great time! We are offering the Ride with A Guide activity. Our Jeep dealer sponsors will be offering the chance to drive a Jeep off-road on a beginner stock trail designated for this attraction. There's even more fun -- come and see all of the Jeeps, walk through the WWII encampment and History Exhibit, attend a demonstration, see all the great things the vendors offer and bring the kids! Your family can also have fun playing Jeep-themed carnival games.
- Will there be things for the kids to see and do? You bet! They’ll love watching the Jeeps go through the Playground, especially the mud pit. Plus, we have a Little Jeepers Playground just for them.
- How can I volunteer to help? You'll see information for volunteers under the Info tab. To register as a volunteer, simply click on the "Register Today" on the home page. Thanks for helping us out! We need you!
- Do you accept credit cards/checks at the event? Each vendor has different policies. Cash and credit cards are accepted for Festival admission and On-Site registration. Raffle tickets are cash only. Be prepared by bringing cash and keep in mind that an ATM is located at the Pilot station at the intersection of Route 422 & I-79, about one-mile from Cooper's Lake. We also hope to have an ATM at the Festival.
- Can I bring my own food and beverages? Sorry, outside food and beverages are not permitted except in the campground.
- Can I bring my dog? Well-behaved dogs on leashes (required) and well-behaved owners who pick up after their dogs are welcome. If the dog is not polite or the owner is not being responsible, Festival staff will require that you and/or your pet leave the Festival grounds. Admission will not be refunded. Pets are not permitted in the Little Jeepers Playground area.
- Is alcohol permitted? Sorry, alcohol is not permitted at the Festival.
- Are coolers permitted in the Festival grounds? No coolers or outside food and beverages are permitted within the Festival grounds, except the campground.
- Can other vehicles participate? Sorry, it’s a Jeep thing!
- How can I contact someone about the the Festival? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a number to reach you. We will get back to you quickly!
- What are participant/waiver wristbands?: These are the wristbands that all drivers and passengers of registered Jeeps must wear for admission to the Festival. Those who are wearing the wristband must agree to the terms and conditions of the waiver which is required during online registration. The wristband is valid all three days of the Festival. Three different wristbands can be purchased---one for adults 18 and over ($18), one for minors 7-17 ($10) and one for children 6 and under (free). One free adult wristband will be provided for the adult who registered the Jeep.
- Is Festival admission included with all activities? One participant/waiver wristband is included for the driver of all registered Jeeps (except for Jeeps only registered for the Jeep Invasion). Participants who only register for the Jeep Invasion must purchase spectator tickets to enter Cooper's Lake.
- What types of food will you have? You'll love the variety of food we'll have this year! You'll be able to enjoy all your Festival favorites!
- Are there restaurants nearby? Butler County has a lot of great places to eat! Check out http://www.visitbutlercounty.com/eateries for a listing of local places to eat.
- Can our kids participate in the Jeep Playground and Trail Rides? The Festival is a family-friendly event. Your children are welcome to enjoy the activities with you. They must be in a properly secured car seat or buckled into their seat belt according to Pennsylvania law. Whatever safety rules apply on the highway apply at the Festival. However, for your child's safety, young children in a rear-facing car seat are not permitted on any trails or the Playground.
- Will you be selling merchandise before the event? Yes, we will be selling two of this year's t-shirts and a few other items on our online store. Get your Festival gear early so you don't have to worry about your favorite design and size selling out! Our merchandise store will be open until noon on Friday at Cooper's Lake and during Festival hours on Saturday and Sunday. There will be a merchandise tent at the Jeep Invasion near the Courthouse that opens at approximately 5 p.m. on Friday.
- What can I do in advance to ensure that I can enter the Festival quickly each morning if I am a participant? First, pre-register by May 7 so your packet gets mailed to you and you can arrive with everything you need to enter the Festival with your Jeep. Speed up your entry by making sure that everyone inside your Jeep is wearing a participant/waiver wristband. If your passengers do not have wristbands, your Jeep will not be permitted to enter the gate. You will be directed to the On-Site registration area where you will need to purchase your wristbands.
- Do you have a place where I can sell my Jeep? Yes, we offer the Jeep Corral. Check out the web page under Attractions for details.
- When can I register? Pre-register through May 7. On-Site registration will be available at the event but some activities may be sold out or have limited availability. Mailing and processing fees apply.
- How do I know if my online registration went through? Once you click the "Finish" button, the system will process your registration. Next, you will see a summary page that has your confirmation number. You will also receive a bounce back email confirming your registration and everything you selected to do. Hang onto your confirmation number. You will need it to make any changes to your registration or to cancel by April 30.
- Why is registration only online? Online registration is required to streamline our reservation system and due to our limited staff. You also will need to have an email address to register. This is how we will communicate with you about changes, news and more.
- I don't have a credit or debit card. How can I register? A credit or debit card is required. Consider giving a friend or family member a check or cash and use their credit card to pay for your registration.
- I signed up to participate. Will I receive information about where to go, etc.? Yes! All registered participants will receive their registration packet in late May which will contain all decals, wristbands, instructions, etc. Instructions will also be emailed and posted on the website in late May.
- What is your check-in process if I did pre-registration before May 7? We will be mailing registration packets in late-May. You will not need to check in at the event since you should have all of the materials you need. However, there will be a Registration tent at Cooper's Lake for those wishing to register On-Site or add events to their current registration (pending maximum Jeep capacities).
- Can anyone and any Jeep participate in the event? All drivers must be 18 or older. All Jeeps must have liability insurance valid during the Festival dates.
- What is your cancellation policy if I pre-registered and can no longer attend? Please review our cancellation policy for details.
- Will you be offering goody bags? Due to the manpower required to put them together, we will not be making goody bags. Please make sure you see all of the sponsors and vendors to take advantage of any goodies they might be giving away to attendees.
- Are non-street legal Jeeps permitted to participate? All participants must verify that they will have valid liability insurance effective during the weekend of the Festival in order to register. If you can verify you will have insurance during the event, then your Jeep can participate.
- What are the requirements for Jeeps that are trailered to Butler? A trailer parking area will be available at Cooper's Lake. Jeeps must be loaded/unloaded in the trailer parking area. They may not be trailered into the main Festival area. An additional trailer parking area will be available at the Jeep Invasion. Location will be provided in your registration packet.
- Are my passengers included with my Jeep registration? No. Only the driver is included for all activities at Cooper's Lake. Admission to the Festival at Cooper's Lake is NOT included for participants who only select the Jeep Invasion activity. All passengers must purchase participant/waiver wristbands.
- How can I register if I don’t want to do it online? Sorry, but registration can only be completed online and payment may only be made using a credit or debit card. Or, you can come to the Festival and do On-Site registration although some activities may no longer be available. Cash and credit will be accepted at On-Site registration.
- How do I know if space is still available to register my Jeep? In the online registration, you will see a counter for each activity which will tell you how many Jeeps may still register for that particular activity. Once pre-registration is over, we will add information on the Festival home page about what activities will still be available on-site.
- What can I do if an activity has reached capacity? You can stop by On-Site Registration to see if any spots have opened up.
- I want to register more than one Jeep. How can I do that? During the first part of the registration process, you'll have the opportunity to add additional Jeeps. You'll need to provide the driver's name as well as the model and year. If you want to register yourself as the driver of the additional jeeps, we recommend that you put a number after your last name so you can keep track of your Jeeps. For example: first name, last name 02. You can register each Jeep for separate activities.
- I need to change my registration. What do I do? If you wish to modify your registration, please send an email to MAnderson@Bantam.org with the following: Please type Registration Modification in the subject line, Include the name your registration is under, what you wish to modify. If you are adding something to your registration, please also authorize us via email to charge the card on file. Remember, modifications can be made until May 7th. If you are unregistering for an activity, refunds are only processed until April 30th. The cancellation deadline is also April 30th.
- I lost my confirmation number. Now what? Please send an email to MAnderson@Bantam.org and we will resend your confirmation email.
- How do I get a camp site at the Festival? On-site camping is managed by Cooper's Lake Campground. Please contact them with any questions at 724-368-8710. You can select and reserve your campsite online. Third-party reservations are not accepted.
- How many Jeeps can be parked at my campsite at Cooper's Lake? Most camp sites will accommodate three Jeeps, but each site will vary so it depends on the site you select. You can select and reserve your site at the campground website, www.cooperslake.com.
- What else is there to do in the area? Coopers Lake is located near the border of three counties. Check out each website below for visitor information:
Can't find an answer to your question? Please contact us.